The Grace and Gift of True Friendship


This post is a bit of an update to my last one. My friend's sister died yesterday morning. While I am sorry for my friend's tremendous loss, I am also relieved that her sister is at peace. She died in Christ's friendship so I believe she is with him now. However my faith teaches me that we must pray for our dead. I am reminded of something one of our priests once told us about his mom when she was dying. She told him not to tell people "I'm in heaven" because no one will pray for me; a wise woman- any wonder her son became a priest? Anyway I digress...
As I said in my previous post, watching my friend suffer through this was and is painful, but it has also been a wonderful grace. The give and take of friendship; I am honored and privileged to be able to be here for her now. To do the little things to make her life a little easier and to just love her as she has loved me through my own difficult times.
Friends such as these are truly one of God's precious gifts to us. They make this earthly life bearable when it seems unbearable.
I could go on, but this post might never end. Thank you to those of you who commented and offered prayers. I know that it is the prayers of good Christians getting her through this very painful time.

Comments