Everything Is Easier With Jesus


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. ~Matthew 11:28


When I think about the way things tend to go in my life, if I am truly honest with myself, I can see that if I struggle needlessly it is because I have ventured to do things on my own. I forget to ask for help from the One who has all the answers. When I keep my eyes on Jesus and ask for His help and grace, things tend to be a bit easier; not necessarily easy, but easier. The peace that comes from knowing that I don't have to do this alone helps to see difficult circumstances through to their end. Everything is easier with Jesus.
I often think about st. Peter when he wanted to walk out on the water. he was fine as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus. As soon as he looked away~ SPLAT! I am often just like Peter; I end up going splat because I take my eyes off Jesus.
If you continue reading the above verse from Matthew, Jesus tells us that His yoke is easy. I need to remember to yoke myself to Jesus throughout the course of each day.
Thankfully, Jesus is more patient with me than I am with myself. I tend to get discouraged when I realize how much I have tried to do without Him. He is always there with His hand outstretched, when I pray like Peter, "Lord, save me!" Sometimes that is the best- the only prayer I can muster. And in one way or another, He always answers.
So when I find myself struggling needlessly, trying to get through a day or situation on my own, I need to remember~ Everything is easier with Jesus.
*This is another post inspired by Michelle's Trust series at She Looketh Well
**Picture courtesy of all posters.

Comments

Deanna said…
Nicely written post!
There have been times that life just got way too difficult...
This scripture of come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and I will give thee rest, has hit me between the eyes and I have to admit, I need the Lord's yoke.
Amen.